SMIT TEXTILE will be participating in the 2007 edition of Techtextil Frankfurt, from 12th to 14th June, in the pavilion organised by ICE, Italian Trade Commission and ACIMIT, Italian Textile Machinery Manufacturers Association.
SMIT SpA, Italian based company with more than 50 years of experience in application-oriented research and development in the weaving sector, offer a range of optimal technologies and solutions for the production of technical fabrics, as well as the expertise to support new developments. SMIT TEXTILE GS900 rapier weaving machine and JS900 air-jet weaving machine ensure superior fabric quality and productivity, with a focus on optimal yarn load control, performing outstanding insertion rates.
The compact construction of the machines features a sturdy frame that guarantees vibration-free running, even at high speeds. All functional units are easily accessible and settable thanks to the machine's ergonomic design and user-friendliness. The modularity concept developed for these machines and their weft transport technology permit working widths of 140 to 360 centimetres (cm).
The high performances of SMIT TEXTILE weaving solutions allow to achieve best quality and maximum productivity in various destination sectors of technical textiles:
Minimum stress on warp ensured by:
- Front shed designed to avoid friction points.
- Hard chromium plated press rollers to resist fibre glass wearing.
- No guiding teeth on the warp.
- No friction on the warp yarn.
Regular weft insertion thanks to:Special grippers designed to resist fibreglass wearing.
- Specific leno binding to avoid fabric distortion.
Large range of yarn counts:
- Yarn counting ranging above 900 tex.
- Double warp feeding for increased capacity available.
Industrial and heavy fabrics:
- High precision thanks to high warp tension, modulated by special braking rollers.
- High cover factor thanks to heavier, stiffer and stronger sley bar and supports for very dense fabrics.
- Dynamic rapier control.
- Highest cover factor with special full width temple for low cloth recoiling/high weft density.
- Delicate yarn handling ensured by special press rollers, no guiding teeth and laser warp stop motion to avoid friction on warp threads.
Several thousands of SMIT TEXTILE weaving machines in technical textiles sector are operating all over the world, witnessing SMIT as an ideal partner for a successful investment. SMIT provides an extensive range of customer pre- and after-sales support services, from weaving research and processing knowledge to expertise and training courses.