Techtextil Focus | November 2019
Archroma’s innovations towards sustainable colours
Archroma, a global leader in colour and specialty chemicals towards sustainable solutions, will be at Techtextil India to present its latest innovations and system solutions aimed to help technical textile manufacturers in India with optimised productivity and/or value creation in their markets. Archroma offers a wide portfolio of dyes and chemicals aiming to increase sustainability and innovation along the entire value chain, from fibre to finish.
The Archroma experts present at the exhibition will introduce for the first time to audiences in India Fadex AS New, a new “super UV protector” to make automotive and transportation textiles more resistant to light, Foron SP-WF, a range of high-performance disperse dyes for polyester sportswear, and its ground-breaking innovation, Appretan NTR, a water-based textile coating binder that rallies renewable natural ingredients for applications such as tea bags and coffee filters or capsules.
The Archroma Way
The solution systems and innovations presented by Archroma have all been selected for their compliance with “The Archroma Way: safe, efficient, enhanced, it’s our nature”. The approach finds its origin in Archroma’s deep belief that it is possible to make the textile industry sustainable.
At Techtextil India, visitors will be able to discover 10 systems developed along the principles of The Archroma Way to help them create value in their textile applications and markets, such as:
For automotive & transportation: Archroma will present two systems ideally suited to textile manufacturers serving the automotive & transportation market:
For workwear & uniforms: Power Cotton, a system for comfortable cotton fabrics with more than five times higher abrasion resistance;
- Light Fast Car, a system designed to keep fabric colors deep, vibrant and matched day after day;
- Safe Seats, a halogen-free* flame retardant coating system for synthetic leather upholstery. For outdoor & active wear: Color Vibe, a system for nylon sportswear to maintain color vibrancy, time after time, and wash after wash;
- Fast Sport, a coloration system for polyester knitted sportswear, providing the best fastness in the shortest possible time with a reduced environmental footprint;
- Odor Control, a system for improved material longevity, freshness and wearing comfort due to the lasting dual-action technology of Sanitized Odoractiv 10. Odor-causing bacteria cannot adhere to the textile surface and bad smells are trapped and neutralised; and permastink cannot build-up in your sportswear;
- Wick Stop, an anti-wicking system to keep your feet drier in the wet, with maximum mesh sneaker durability;
...and for non-woven: Filter It Clean, a formaldehyde-free* and APEO-free bonding system that makes nonwovens strong and safe even when wet.
- Smooth As Iron, a non-iron finishing system that keeps fabric smooth, soft and strong, especially on collars and cuffs;
- Odour control;
- Tough Camo, A non-infrared reflective pigment printing system for military wear, with high durability and dramatically reduced water consumption;/li>