Tech-Trends | December 2016
Brazil prospects to figure in OUTLOOK™ Plus Latin America’s 2nd edition
Welber Barral, Ph.D., a leading expert in Latin American foreign trade, will be the keynote speaker at the second edition of OUTLOOK™ Plus Latin America on March 7-9, 2017 in São Paulo, Brazil. The conference is organised by the global nonwovens trade associations EDANA and INDA. Barral is Chairman of the Brazilian Industries Coalition, Managing Partner of Barral M Jorge Consultants, a consultant of the Sao Paulo Industries Federation, and has previously served as Brazilian Secretary of Foreign Trade. He will discuss the advantages/barriers to doing business in Brazil and share his incisive view on Brazil’s changing political environment and its impact on growth prospects and investment attractiveness.
The three-day conference will examine Latin American economic, market statistics, products, and technology intelligence for the absorbent hygiene, personal care, and medical market segments at the Grand Hyatt, São Paulo. A preliminary list of notable speakers includes:
- Alexander Corrêra, New Business Development, Suzano, will discuss industrial scale pure eucalyptus fluff pulp and South American consumer findings regarding its use in new hygiene and personal care products.
- Beatriz Goldaracena, New Business Development – Brazil, The Dow Chemical Company, will share economic, market statistics, and dynamics with supply/demand balance and future market trend forecasts.
- Rosana Castro de Godoi, Business Manager, Latin America, Tredegar Film Products, will present the factors driving double digit growth for the adult incontinence product market.
- Daniel Guerrero, President, South America, Berry Plastics, will interpret global market dynamics, growth trends, and their potential impact across South America from the view of the largest manufacturer of nonwoven fabrics, disposable hygiene, healthcare, and specialty sectors.
- Rick Jezzi, Principal, A.D. Jezzi & Associates will speak about airlaid nonwoven materials and their use in South American feminine hygiene products.
- Scott Smith, Ph.D., Research Fellow, Innovation Management, Evonik Corporation,will discuss the limits in superabsorbent performance and new technologies that generate higher value in hygiene.
- Valdemir Radde, Sales Director – Latin America, Fitesa, will examine the Latin American market environment detailing hygiene’s latest trends.