LIVA, the new age fabric from the Aditya Birla Group, joins forces with the apex body of Indian fashion industry, the Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI), as the Gold Sponsor for Amazon India Fashion Week (AIFW), Autumn Winter (AW) 2018.
An ode to the creators – was the theme of the evening which was dedicated to ace designers Anju Modi, Eshaa Amiin, Gaurav Jai Gupta, Nida Mahmood, Shruti Sancheti and Wendell Rodricks who created and infused life to garments with Liva fabrics.
The highlight of the evening was the breathtaking sustainable collection presented by these top designers that slayed the ramp in glory!
Rajeev Gopal, CMO, Birla Cellulose, expressed, “An ode to the creators – is not just a theme for us but the way we see our partnerships with designers who create, innovate, conceptualise and bring life to their creations. Similar to Liva which breathes life in to a fabric and is an essential ingredient required for creation.”
As a creator, every designer has brought in the element of sustainability in their collections making it an important aspect of life. The ramp witnessed a blend of designs and themes ranging from:
- Mystical Forests by Anju Modi which shows the unending intimacy between nature and art.
- Untamed Desert by Eshaa Amiin is modern, free-spirited and yet adheres to the comfort of the modern-age woman.
- The Upside Down by Gaurav Jai Gupta resonates the alternate dimension existing in parallel to the human world.
- Chillum Sisters by Nida Mahmood is where modern meets classic Indian and where old world Indian flowers meet modern floral patterns
- Berry Blush by Shruti Sancheti celebrates the intense autumn floral and luscious wild berries lightening up the winter forest outset autumn and tender winter mornings
- White Carpet by Schulen Fernandes for Wendell Rodricks is where minimal ends and baroque begins is at the heart of the mystique and subtle glamour of this collection that sweeps across a spectrum of beauty.