Techtextil Focus | May 2019
Jakob Muller machines for top performance & max efficiency
Hall: 3 | Booth: D25
Machines from the Jakob Müller AG’s NG3 series are the world’s fastest narrow fabric needle looms and an NG3S 2/66 S5 for medium-weight belts will be in operation at the Techtextil. The NG3 series of narrow fabric needle looms represents a technical and technological development quantum leap. The heald frame drives and movement, as well as the shafts and healds are designed for high speeds, and for medium-weight articles now offer a maximum of 2,750 min-1 (using the S5 weaving system). One of the main reasons for this high performance is the new, wear-resistant NGV3 harness. In tandem with top quality raw materials, weft thread guidance, compensation and monitoring guarantee first-class product quality and reduced standstill times. The patented compound needle system is characterised by the safe, low-tension insertion of the threads. This results in increased efficiency and a simultaneous reduction in knitting needle breaks. Moreover, the NG3S version of the machine (the “S” stands for “silent”) is fitted with additional noise protection, which cuts emissions by as much as 10 db(A).
The NG3S 28G 2/66 S5 offers the following advantages:
NG3 product samples the belt to be shown at the Techtextil 2019 will consist of a warp composed of a 100 per cent PES filament with a 1,670 dtex yarn count and a weft formed by a 550 dtex PES filament. Selvedge formation takes place using the 5 weaving system, whereby the auxiliary threads have a yarn count of 280 dtex and the locking threads 113 dtex. The special weave provides a combination of excellent filament strength use and an attractive, glossy product appearance, which is especially advantageous during employment as a lifting belt. Proven tear resistance of 29.8 kN with 6.83 per cent elongation is a high value that represents a 16 per cent increase over standard belts. Apart from lifting, the belts can also be used in nets to secure aircraft cargo.
The versatile Multiaxial/EL-32
This electronically controlled, RR-knitting machine (double knit) from Comez is ideal for the production of technical, multi-axial knits. The Multiaxial/EL-32 knitting machine with a 32 inch-wide needle bed is characterised by the following features:
- High production performance with speeds of up to 2,750 min-1
- The possibility for speed changes while the machine is running
- Excellent machine efficiency in combination with low wear and a minimum maintenance requirement
- Patented, air-sprung heald motion for high speeds
- Extremely reliable and reproducible narrow fabric quality with selvedges of a very high standard
- Simple and clear operation and control
- Outstanding machine and operator safety
Multi-axial knits represent complex textile structures, the potential of which can be used to the full with the EL-32. The electronic control of the thread guides and the knit take-off enables the use of differing stitch densities (stitch rows/cm) and elasticity values in the same article. Moreover, different weft and warp threads can also be introduced.
In addition, the MULTIAXIAL/EL-32 machine is fitted with a DATA CONTROL CONTROLLER, which drives a new generation of actuators with an outstandingly dynamic characteristic and high positioning precision. The CONTROLLER facilitates the management of all the necessary functions, monitors the product data and long pattern repeats, which extend to a virtually unlimited number of stitch rows.
Pattern design and processing take place using COMEZ DRAW 3 textile software or SYSTEM.WIN for PCs. Pattern data is transferred from PCs to the DATA CONTROL CONTROLLER via a USB memory device.
- Simple handling
- Robust design
- A compact superstructure
- Fast article changeovers due to reduced needle bed width
- Gentle knitting tool movement
- Photoelectric sensors for optimum accident protection The EL-32 can employ a wide range of raw materials: Carbon (CFRP, carbon fibre reinforced polymer)
- Glass (GFRP, glass fibre reinforced polymer), known in Italy as (PRFV, polyester reinforced with glass fibre)
- Aramid (AFRP, aramidic fibre reinforced polymer, e.g. Kevlar®)