Minimal residual shrinkage values combined with uniform fabric appearance and soft supple handle make SANTACOMPACT ideal for finishing of open-width knitted fabrics.
SANTACOMPACT is a levelling, steaming and compacting calender machine, which provides the mechanical basis for highest quality requirements on open-width knitted fabrics.
This is done by securing the results of preceding shrinking and relaxing drying and also adjusting the fabric to the minimum possible residual shrinkage values through sensitive additional compressive shrinking in the compacting calender, while treating it extremely gently and preserving maximum volume.
The advantages of SANTACOMPACT are as follows:
- No stenter frame treatment required for knitted fabrics made of 100 per cent cotton blends that do not require heat setting
- Minimal residual shrinkage values combined with uniform fabric appearance and soft supple handle thanks to increased volume of the treated fabric
- Mesh compression through specially structured patented multilayer felt belt
- Pretreatment and after-treatment of printed knitted goods is possible in conjunction with shrinking and relaxing dryer without any additional machinery in end finishing
- Compact machine layout with great flexibility for operator-friendly operation
- Reducing of residual shrinkage by 60 per cent
- All drives are synchronised by means of load cells
- Touch screen control panel and CPU by Siemens
- Optionally: selvedge gluing with high-intensity edge drying and subsequent edge trimming and suction for uniform end width
The main features of SANTACOMPACT are:
- Width control and equalisation of open-width knitted fabric through distortion-free, controlled pinning and width management in an equalizing frame, optionally equipped with individual chain drive adjustment system
- Tensioneless and distortion-free pinning with short, direct and crease-free feed into the compacting unit
- Condensate-free steam box with compensation for different widths, completely corrosion-resistant version
- Specially designed elastic felt belt in both compacting units
- Heatable smoothing and shrinking rollers for the fabric smoothing
The working width is 1,400 - 2,600 mm, and the total working width + 1.7 m. The machine speed 0 - 50 m/ min stepless adjustable and 30 m/ min average. The working speed is 25 m/ min with edge gluing and drying. The power supply is approximately 100 kw (average) as required for each installation. The length is 14 m. Compacting calender inlet edge uncurling and pinning device by E+L compacting principle.
The SANTACOMPACT RD, which provides the best dimensional stability for the finishing of high quality open-width knitted fabrics, is suitable for fabrics made of natural and man-made fibres and provides the minimum possible residual shrinkage values through compacting in the compacting zones and delicate handling of fabric through the machine.
Advantages of SANTACOMPACT RD are:
- Specially designed chain, lubrication-free, low maintenance. Stainless steel chain rails - high strength and light weight - reduced power requirement.
- Completely electronically controlled with the latest automation technology, using load cell, PLC, user-friendly touch screen.
- Digitally controlled shoe adjustment in the compacting zones.
- V - Steam-Box: Most efficient, automatically adjustable for different widths, 100 per cent coverage and moistening of fabrics easy to clean
- Inbuilt manual weft straightener for correcting the skew on the fabric
- Integrated control panel at the entry of the machine for efficient space utilisation, compact machine design
- Specially designed compacting zones, overfeed (pinning) zones
- Easy maintenance, better accessibility of mechanical components
- Left and right chain speeds can be adjusted relative to each other to help when straightening the weft.