Web Exclusive | November 2017
DKTE student among NIA Poster Contest Award winners
EDANA, the leading global association and voice of the nonwovens and related industries, announced the 3 laureates of the Poster Contest Awards during a ceremony at the Nonwovens Innovation Academy (NIA), 25th – 26th October in Chemnitz, Germany. Pranil Vora, Textile Technology Student – D.K.T.E Textile & Engineering Institute (India) is one of the three winners. Pranil Vora said “I feel honoured to receive this prestigious award from EDANA and I am excited to attend the event in Rome”
The three laureates will be invited to present their research at the International Nonwovens Symposium in Rome, on the 23rd – 24th May 2018, in front of over 250 attendees.
The three winners are:
- Frederik Cloppenburg, Head of the Research Group, Nonwoven Technology – Institut für Textiltechnik der RWTH Aachen University (Germany)
- Poster: Technical and Economic Self-Optimisation for Nonwoven Cards
- Zuhaib Hassan, PhD Student – Istanbul Technical University (Turkey)
- Poster: Development of Nonwovens by Modacrylic fibres for Industrial Applications
- Pranil Vora, Textile Technology Student – D.K.T.E Textile & Engineering Institute (India)
- Poster: The Development of Nonwoven Air Filters for Petrol and Diesel Engines
“The diverse scope of the subjects covered in the research projects and the breath of their origins shows how the footprint of nonwovens is expanding both beyond traditional geographical boundaries and fields of application” said Marines Lagemaat, Scientific & Technical Affairs Director of EDANA.